Sunday, April 19, 2015

The Changing Times

I just did a quick skim of my last blog. WOW! A month's time sure can change a girl's attitude.

Update:

I started just under 2 weeks ago with my final weight LOSS journey. I emphasize LOSS, because I rather maintain to be honest. Not only do I feel good about my choices, I feel good about where I am and where I'm headed.

The sample meds worked out so well, that I asked Doc for a full prescription. What a shock when I found out it costs $198.06 per month. All I could do is laugh. I know that these meds are working and I have to stick with what works. It's not like we haven't had to cut back before.

Anyway, as of Saturday morning, I was down 3.6 pounds in the first week or so. (I started this mid-week instead of on my normal Saturday weigh-in day.) YAY! I'm up 2 pounds because of a wonderful night of eating and drinking I had with good friends, but hey. I only live once.

I'm ok with those 2 pounds. I know that this will not be the norm. I know that I'm not going back to the 1*0's EVER!!! I'm scared to tell you the real weight.

Here's what I know. I know that I feel good. I know that I can do this. I know that I have to learn to do this ON MY OWN. The reality is, I don't know how much longer Weight Watchers is going to be in my life. Long story, but you'll understand.

I've decided to stop wearing my Active Link and just wear my Fitbit. It tells me everything I want to know; weight loss, pound to go to goal, food intake, sleep track, calories burned, steps taken, active minutes and more. I can even share challenges with friends. I know that my Fitbit will be around well after WW is gone. That means; eliminate the Active Link since I'd have to pay to keep it going.

Here's the bottom line: Calories in. Calories out. Take in what you need to live. Burn what you need to lose weight. WE got this.

Result: I'm walking more. A lot more. I'm more conscience of the food that goes in my mouth. I'm more aware of the calories. I know that I can "eat that", if I want to earn it or am willing to burn it. I CAN still eat what I want under those circumstances.

The best part is that I don't feel like wasting a whole day in my comfy chair.

1 comment:

infiKnitGirl said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better!! Sounds like those were the right meds; YAY!!

I'm proud of you for all you're doing.

Don't forget about all the free classes at Sunset Park!! Bootcamp on Mondays and I think they're doing Zumba and Yoga again!

You're right, WE GOT THIS!