Saturday, December 11, 2010

Still striven in 2011

I've been reflecting this afternoon on today's meeting. I sense that some of you are not as excited as Tracey and myself. Let me talk about that for a bit.

I want you to know that it is ok for you to lack confident in the program. It is a new beginning. And change is hard. I understand how you feel. I was there. Remember me telling you how I strattled the fence? On the one hand, I knew WW was good with their research. On the other hand, I have a hard time "letting go" of things.

I am not asking you to jump in the deep end. I am only asking you to get your feet wet. Maybe the big toe. Just enough to give it a try. A meal. A day. Two days. Three. See how it goes. I think what you'll find is that the program does work and it is not as hard as you think. I would like for you to try one day of figuring points.

I know this is going to be a bit of work, as you may not be accustomed to figuring points for everything you eat. This is like you just signed up. Remember those days? Remember how ambitious you were? Remember how excited you were after the first week when you lost weight? It will happen with this program also.

Once you have the points refigured, it will be a piece of cake. It won't be long before this is just like the old days and you have all these foods figured out too.

I sure hope this little pep talk helped. I don't expect you to be as excited as me (although, it would be fun), but I would like for you to at least enjoy your WW journey. I would like to make more of you lifetime in 2011 than we did in 2010. I don't have that number off the top of my head, but I do know that it is low....2 or 3. I did not buy many flowers this year.

I am going to set some more goals for us. I would like to make at least 12 people lifetime by this time next year. Who's with me? I would also like to keep our numbers per meeting at or above 32. My last goal is for us to lose at least 25 pounds per meeting. We are going to be striven for the whole year of 2011.

Striven means:To exert much effort or energy. We are going to exert much effort in our weight loss. We are going to put forth the right amount energy in order to increase our exercise and our weight loss.

I am still going to give you the opportunity to make a t-shirt. I just don't think it will happen in the first few weeks of January. It will have to wait to see how many people we have week-to-week. Many of you new people don't know of what I speak, but will inform you soon. Goal t-shirts.

Start thinking about what your goal is for 2011.

Love in losing,
Jenny
730am Saturday.



No comments: