Sunday, November 30, 2008

Should the whole day be ruined?

You know when you have those days? The days when you just can't resist temptaion? When you think you've screwed up so bad that nothing but a good night's sleep will fix? Or a whole new week? I know that some of you may be in this mode or headed that way with holiday eats and treats.

I ran across this story and thought I would share it with you. It is one of my favorites.

Think about having just broken a plate of your finest china. What would you do.... Would you think, "Oh! I broke a plate....I might as well break them all!" Of course that would not make sense. If you use that same reasoning, you would see that it is absurd to abandon your WW program because you "had a bad meal" or slipped up.

Almost three weeks ago I was introduced to the WWmomentum program. I was pumped. Still am. My week normally starts on Saturdays. I learned new things on a Sunday and vowed that my "new program" would start on Monday. I lost 3.2 pounds that week. (Maybe it was 3.6, I can't remember right now.) My point is this: Even on that 5-day week, I still lost weight. It is ok to start over any time you want. You just have to want it.

Today's thought: Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you are absolutely right. This program is 90% mental, 10% will power. You have the power. You just have to make the decision to do what you need to make it happen.

Don't forget: for December 27 you need to have a goal set for t-shirt making.

No comments: