Monday, December 1, 2008

Setting goals

I have been thinking about what I want my 2009 goal to be. I know that it should be specific enough to matter to me, but general enough for a t-shirt. mmmmm

Do I want to be a certain size? Do I want to lose a certain number of pounds? Do I want to change an attitude or enlist a new healthy habit?

I think that I have answers to all of these questions, but I am not sure that I want to display that on a shirt for everyone to see. Are you having this problem?

My old goal was to "not be THAT woman again" which covered a bit of everything. I could not be that larger sized woman again. I could not be that irrational woman I used to be. And the list goes on.

So what kind of goals are shirt-material?
* Drink enough water.
* Eat fruits and vegetables.
* Move it, lady.
* Stay below goal.
* Exercise daily.
* Eat when hungry.
* Monitor yourself.
* Remain true.
* Get real with yourself.
* One meal at a time.
* Write it down. Write it down. Write it down.
* Eat all my daily points.


All of these sound good. Not necessarily do they apply to me. Still thinking. It has to be a good one. I might still like my old goal.

Regardless of what your goal is, you have a better chance of making that goal if you write it down somewhere, whether it is on a shirt, paper, journal or with your leader.

No comments: