Monday, December 29, 2008

Make healthy choices.....

Last night, after my Sunday night ritual, I went to socialize with friends afterwards. I don't usually do this because I have to be at work so early the next day. My friends go to a local diner. Everybody eats.

I kept in mind the blog from yesterday before I went. Then I enlisted the help of a fellow WW member. I asked her, "If I go tonight, will you help me to NOT order food?"

"Are you sure that is what you want me to do?"
"Yes."
"OK. If that is what you want."

I never had to actually ask her for help, but knowing that she KNEW I wanted help was enough to keep me from ordering. OOOHhh, and the food looked like it tasted sooooo good too. WOW! Was that hard. I had one cup of hot cocoa made with water, no whip cream; 1 point. Good for me.

Boooooyy, I did not like it last night while everyone else was tasting yummy food. But I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am today that I passed up all the food that I could have had. Down 1.6! It certainly does pay off, though. You know what I mean?

On week 5, day 3 of the pocket guide, the quote says something about enlisting the help of others. I agree. That was one of the most helpful things I have done for myself. You know what would have happened had I not asked for help? I would have attempted to talk myself into only ordering a salad or a small appetizer (appearing low in points) or a small plate of french fries. Then when I arrived, I would have taken a look at the pancakes and french toast that the early birds ordered and would have felt compelled to get some of that too. Tastes yummy. Bloated that night. No weight-loss the next day. Guilt. You know what I'm talkin' about.

Make healthy choices, enlist the help of others. It works.

Today's diddy: "If we fill our hours with regret of yesterday and with worries of tomoorw, we have no today in which to be thankful." --Author Unknown. ( I realize this would have been a good diddy for yesterday, but I only saw it today. )

2 comments:

momofts said...

Good for you!! I agree that having a ww buddy is a great help. We can have fun and enjoy others company WITHOUT overeating!

Jenny said...

Note: Author error!!! It was week 7, day 3 NOT week 5, day 3 where my thoughts came from.