Thursday, December 4, 2008

Surround me with tools of the program...I am the lucky one.

I think that I am doing a pretty good job motivating myself and asking myself the right questions in order to make it through the week, the day, the meal and the times in between. As of this morning, I am down 4.8 pounds from when I started this new program on November 17, 2008. My week is not over yet either. a-ha.

I came up with one more way to help my efforts. My assistant spoke freely about how she wants to lose her baby weight. She gave me a number, actually. She wants to lose about 4 more pounds than I do. I challenged her to try to get hers off before me. Think I can do it?

I have the advantage....I have Weight Watchers. She has no support (except me, maybe). I have tools...eTools, Dining Out Companion, Food compainon, calculator, food scale, WW magazine, 3 month journal and a weekly meeting to keep me accountable. I AM THE LUCKY ONE.

Here will be the real test. Our real life test to whether what they say is true or not. Do three times as many people lose weight with WW as those who go it alone? If that is true, I should kick her b*tt. For you OCD people (like me), I already realize that this is not a true test. We would obviously need more people to participate. But it sure will be fun to watch me win. (ooooh noooo, I am not competitive AT ALL.) hehehehe.

Our contest starts tomorrow. Both of us will submit our starting weight in the morning. And the race is on. I suggested putting a dollar in the "kitty" every time a pound is shed. First one to goal, gets the kitty. I would like to have a few extra bucks. She wants to do a quarter per pound. I don't usually have that much change on me. Oh well.

Today's diddy: I can be off track at 10:00am, and be back on track at 10:01am. It only takes a minute for me to change my stinkin' thinkin'.

No comments: