Friday, December 5, 2008

Just Do It.....NOW!

Tomorrow after the meeting Gail and I are going to prepare the place for our new program...WWmomentum. Therefore, I cannot stay up late tonight to blog. I do have some thoughts for the day, well actually it more applies to this whole time of year.

I know that the holiday season is tough. Thanksgiving (at least for me) is not too hard. We only had one place to go to. Christmas is different. Everyone wants to celebrate with everyone. More places to go, more people to visit, more food to eat. Next Saturday, I have two family gatherings to attend. Both of which involve food. It is going to take some planning, but I know that I can get through it.

Each day is new. We always say it is a holiDAY, not a holiSEASON. We need to get through one day at a time, one meal at a time, one gathering at a time. The whole week, day does not have to be ruined. THANK GOD. (or whom ever you worship, if at all.)

What I want to tell you is: DON'T give up!!! This is too important for you to take a 3 week vacation from right now. Take a "vacation" from your family later, don't take a vacation from your health now. We have goals to set, t-shirts to make, goals to meet, celebrations to have,.... NOW is the time to jump start your weight loss. NOW is the time to begin a new (positive) habit, NOW is the time to do something for yourself. NOW!

Today's diddy: "Challenges aren't so bad if you look at them as stepping stones and not stumbling blocks. " --author unknown

1 comment:

momofts said...

Jenny, Thank you so much for starting this blog! It is so helpful. I was just telling a friend last week that I need to attend a WW meeting every other day to stay on track. Now I have help and motivation throughout the week!! Thank you for the time you put into this!
Lisa Shepherd (momofts)