Saturday, December 27, 2008

Figuring it out all over Again.

I went to my last Christmas party tonight. I felt good going into it. I had a very low point snack after the meeting, and a turkey sandwich for lunch. PLEEEENTY of points left over for tonight. All I had there was a bit of dip with crackers. No cookies. No chips. Only diet soda, and 4, maybe 5 meatballs. I was tempted by the cookie tray, but passed. My belly was not feeling well.

I was a bit bloated when I got home. Nothing seemed to help. So now I am trying to think about what happened to my day to "ruin" it food-wise. Or unwise. And I thought. Thought some more. I did well. Much better than I would have in the past. So, what went wrong.

I GOT IT!!!!

It hit me like a ton of bricks. I should have thought of this first, as I do with you. I haven't been writing it down today. DER. I am not sure what the scale would read if I stepped on, but I can feel that it would not look good right now.

This is what I have vowed for the rest of this week. I am going to write it down, just like I did last week, and yesterday. Only for the next 6 days, I am going to write it down as if you were going to read it. Not just my chicken scratch, shorthand notes. Really write it down, like with measurements and everything.

I know that this is going to take a lot of effort on my part. A conscientious effort. But I also know that it will be totally worth it on Saturday when I weigh in. After all, I have to be true to myself. I am doing this for me. (ok, and I have that little bet with my aide. I can't let her beat me.) Ultimately, it is about me, not her.

Tomorrow is a new day. And I can't wait to get it started.

Today's diddy: "Resistance to change is nothing more than hardening of the attitudes." --Dr. Robert Anthony, Think and Win 1992

1 comment:

Margaret said...

it is amazing how difficult we make it to be in control!!! We know how to do it, we learn how to do it, we know what we are supposed to do it...yet... every day is a struggle. I look forward to the day..and it does come.... when I am in control and can simply walk away...... thanks for your blog.