Monday, December 22, 2008

FOOD....

Tomorrow is our 9th wedding anniversary. We were given, as early Christmas presents, 2 separate gift cards to Ruby Tuesdays. Free meal. The question is, what do I have? I am still safe to use the Weekly Points Allowance that I have left. I say that, because if tomorrow were Thursday or Friday, I would not feel safe with weigh-in so close. I will be looking up Ruby Tuesday's in my Dining Out Companion. If not, I will have to search the internet for nutrition guides. I know that they have a menu with the nutrition information on it, or at least they used to. This will not be hard. I will put in my head and ask for the support of my husband to help me stick to my plan. He will.

The following day is Christmas eve. We are cooking everything, except for dessert. Grandma Lois is bringing that. She never does anything "Low Fat", if you know what I mean. I will have a sliver of whatever it is she brings. Or I could always have a "belly ache".

Things to keep in mind (and remind myself often):
  • Keep a path between each food item.
  • Drink water.
  • Put fork down between each bite.
  • Wear "belted" pants.
  • Exercise before company comes over.
  • It does not have to turn out badly.
  • I have been "down" every week since mid-November. That does not have to change.
  • Munching in NOT allowed.
  • Have someone else taste-test when the food is seasoned properly.
  • Enlist the support of someone who cares.
  • I can do this.
  • When eating out, put half immediately into a go-box.
  • Limit alcohol.
  • Have fun.
  • You are important.

Today's diddy: "The measure of character is what people would do if they knew they would never be found out."--Author Unknown

WHAT YOU EAT IN PRIVATE, SHOWS UP IN PUBLIC.

5 comments:

infiKnitGirl said...

Ruby Tuesdays is quite doable. Don't forget the extensive salad bar and they have some good fish dishes, but the asian glazed salmon (so good) doesn't have nutrition listed. I also like their petite sirloin (8pts if you eat the whole thing but it's more than a serving).
We're doing Christmas dinner at Mom's and there's five folks on WW, so it's going to be a health-conscious dinner!

momofts said...

For the future: I have used this website often when I am planning a dinner out. www.dwlz.com you can look up the restaurant and get a listing of the food and points.
Also, Tracey I'm glad you joined! My daughter was watching you knit that scarf on Sat. She came home and taught herself to knit. She is now working on a scarf! Thanks for your example!!
Lisa

momofts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
infiKnitGirl said...

Thank you for saying so Lisa. I hope she enjoys doing it.

I finished it up this morning and am ready to give it to my grandma tomorrow. Yay!

Jenny said...

Ladies, I appreciate the comments. I have also heard of dwlz.com. A warning though: her people don't get out there often enough to update points as often as weight-watchers does for their books and things. Just be careful. FYI: (ignore, if I already said this) I found the RT website. They have a smart food choice page with CFF listed along with carb. grams. Printed is off and took it with me.