Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Don't Eat the Nachos

Do you believe in divine intervention? Divine being something BIGGER than me, and intervention being defined as "stopping from doing". I think after today I do. Here is the story.

I work in House Springs. A couple of miles from work is a wonderful restuarant called Company B. It is a BBQ place where they serve pulled pork, chicken and beef. They also serve baked potatoes, salad, and the best nachos I've ever tasted. NOTE: I was introduced to this wonderful place at a time when I did not really "watch my points" as well as I should have. I don't know what kind of points you would spend here. So, BE CAREFULL!!!!!

My husband, Kevin, and I had arranged for him to meet me for lunch today. It has been understood in my book that he would join me to Company B the next time we did this. I made a failed attempt at getting him to stay home and join me another time. I knew that if he did not show up, I would not be tempted to eat these wondeful nachos. But he showed up anyway. My mouth had been watering since last night about having these nachos. It almost consumed my every thought.

We sat around and talked for awhile. He was determined to not eat with me today. I wanted to be upset with him, but he actually saved me from overdoing it today. Good thing too. My official weigh-in for the month is Saturday. Not that I want to ruin all of my efforts after weigh-in....we all know that a mess up at the beginning of the week is easier to recover from than one at the end of the week. (Same goes for monthly weigh-ins.)

Despite all of my arguements as to why we should go to Company B today, Kevin would not budge. I am glad at these moments that he is so strong. Or was it that he was just not hungry?
Nevertheless.....

I don't think that Kevin really had anything to do with it. I think God knew that I did not need to have that food today. God knew that I would feel bad afterwards and He stopped me. Thank you, God.

Today's ditty: Don't go to the grocery store hungry or with cravings.

No comments: