Saturday, December 20, 2008

Gratitude

Today was another great meeting, I thought. There were not as many people there as last week. 30 last week, 25 this week. You know what? I still think those numbers are high for this time of year.

This time of year makes me sit back to think of change, gratitude and friendship. I cannot tell you how grateful I am that Myrna started this Saturday morning meeting and that it was there for me when I needed it. I am grateful for the leader who I very first started my WW journey with in 1998 up in South County.

I am grateful that somewhere, somehow I have been inspired enough to make the right changes in my life to lose the weight that I needed to lose (even the recent weight). I recognize daily the importance of WW in my life, and subsequently the importance of YOU in my life. If it were not for YOU, I would not be in the position that I am in. I would not be able to do the things I do. AND I love what I do. (I have often said that when I retire from teaching, WW will become my full time job.)

I have been observing the changes in you also. I have noticed that some of you have lost more weight than you have in a long time. I noticed that you are losing during the holidays. I have noticed changed attitudes. I have noticed you. Thank you for being part of my life. Thank you for letting me be apart of yours.

I cannot wait for this new year to start. I am even more excited to see the goals you make, set, commit to and achieve. This is going to be an exciting year in the WW world, in your WW world. I can just feel it. Can you? You will. I know that you are going to do great things. You are going to accomplish your goals and beyond. (Go Buzz Lightyear.)

Stand up and be counted. Know that what you think about, you bring about. Remember that it cannot be in your heart until it is in your head first. This is a psychological program. Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you are absolutely right. Aim for that "satisfied" feeling, not the "full" feeling.

Today's diddy: "Feel pride in how far you've come and confidence in where you are going." --Author Unknown

3 comments:

momofts said...

Thank you! I need your uplifting comments! Thanks for the time you take to believe in me!

Jenny said...

Lisa, I know you can do this. Believe in yourself. You rock.

infiKnitGirl said...

Great meeting this week and I was happy and suprised to see so many faces in December. Merry Christmas and see you on Saturday!
-Tracey