Thursday, April 16, 2009

Who can do it? YOU CAN!!!

The thought has been creeping into my mind slowly over a period of time. But it hit me like a two-by-four today. It sure was a lot easier to behave myself at work when I was doing the program with someone for a race to the "goal" line. Perhaps I also need to buy the ingredients for salad. I have not had a salad in while. This week I've reached into the refridgerator for red beans and rice, a turkey sandwich on not-so-low-calorie bread, chicken flavored noodles (probably my only good choice for the week) and the very last of what turned out to be a "weak" salad.

Salad day was what I feel like was my only good day this week. In reality, I know that I have had other good days this week. This is just my current feelings toward all of it. My view may be a bit skewed. I know that I have not gained weight...in fact I am down a scosh from yesterday.

I am just a hair under where I am supposed to be. Since I have short hair, I would really like to be a bit more under there. This is all still within my +/- 2 pounds. I just don't want to be THAT close.

You wanna know what is funny? When I was at the top end of my range and slightly above I had some different feelings about myself. REad this. I did go above my +2 for awhile. It was actually +4. At that point, I thought I would feel better about myself if I could just get down right under my goal....so a loss of 5 pounds. Not much, but something. And I did feel better. For a short time.

Now, though? I am uncomfortable when I get close to the -10 pounds mark. Already 10 pounds under my WW top end-of-the-range number. (NOT my goal, by the way.) And yet uncomfortable with myself. Isn't it wierd how different we feel at different weights?

I remember a time when I would tell myself, "you will be soo fat at --- pounds. You don't EVER want to get there." Got there. Not uncomfortable with myself. In fact THAT number is now my secret goal weight......by secret, I mean that I would just like to hit that number once. I am not sure that I want to stay there. I am happy with the current goal that I have. Now I need to get re-focused and stay there.

I am doing it. Are you?

Saturday we are wearing workout close for a new promotion. Wear yours too.

Today's diddy: Only you can control you. Be responsible.

Love in Losing,
Jenny

No comments: