Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Surprise!!!

Despite feeling defeated yesterday, I had a small success today (already). I am down a bit.

Yesterday, I thought I did so great with the tracking thing and all. And I did. I even logged in to eTools just before I went to bed. I wanted to make sure my numbers were accurate. What happened though, was I used the eTools information to get my points values. One of which was this caramel dipping stuff I used with my apple. ETools told me it was 3 points, but when I got home I used my calculator on it and it was 5 points. HOLY COW.

I did not add it to my tracker last night, because I felt defeated and worn down. I was ready to give up. However, I'd worked too hard that day to gorge, which is what I wanted to do. Instead, I got busy and soon feel asleep. I did not go to bed hungry, but I am not convinced that I felt "satisfied".

So this morning I wake up and step on the scale. To my surprise, I decreased my weight a bit. Not a lot, just enough to give me the strength and the courage to continue on. So, on I go....

This morning I am home from work with a sick little girl. Being home is hard for me sometimes. There is so much here that I would love to eat. It's not all good-for-me foods. Everything in moderation, and most of it is for my kids. So, my next quest is to find something that I would like to eat for breakfast besides the delicious orange I ate. (Did you know that the mini oranges on the electronic scale weigh in at 0 points? Two of them equal one point.) Hummmmm.

Hope you find this helpful. What is helpful for me is if there is at least one comment on each blog. It keeps me going. Love to hear from you.

Today's diddy: Keep the program working in your daily life. Just because you think you had a bad day does not mean that's what will show up on the scale.

Love in Losing,
Jenny

2 comments:

infiKnitGirl said...

I need to work on self-motivation...struggling with that.

Jenny said...

tracey, perhaps that will be tomorrow's topic.